Friday, June 28, 2013

New Trent iCarrier (IMP120D) Review

New Trent iCarrier
(12,000mAh External Battery Charger for Smartphones and Tablets)

So if you haven't noticed lately I really like external battery chargers.  They're so great for on the go and I have yet to be disappointed by any I've gotten from New Trent.  The iCarrier is no exception to that and it's a beast of a battery coming in with 12,000 mAh it just keeps charging and charging and being that I love gaming I love to kill a battery and this let me keep at it while barely putting a dent in the battery.

I love the design of this one as it's something a little different than just an all black battery with a nice blue trim around the edge to give it a little something extra in my opinion.  It also comes with your standard USB cord for charging your device or the battery unit itself as well as coming with a very nice felt carrying bag to keep everything together.

The light setup on this battery is slightly different than others I've tested but it comes with a high, medium and low (so about 4,000 mAh per light) and of course the power light.  When on you can quickly check the amount of power left in the battery by simply tapping the power button and it will show you how much is left.

As with most of the larger capacity batteries I've dealt with this one also comes with the standard 1A port for smartphones and the 2.1A port for tablets.  Turning the device on and off is easier than some I've dealt with and the way the button sits it won't be turned off easily on accident though so no worries about not charging when you think you are.  Plus a nice feature I haven't noticed on many chargers I've tried is that it turns off immediately when you unplug your charging device whereas most take a few seconds or sometimes much longer which uses that precious battery power.

This is light enough you can actually carry it in a pocket which I have (although you may need a longer USB cord) especially a cargo pocket while my phone sits in my top pocket or while I just hold it and use it while it charges.  I even sometimes hook it up and play some games which is one of my biggest battery killers most days so having an extra 12,000 mAh is pleasant because even after a few days of using the battery as my only charger when I'm not home (and I just leave my device on the charger at night while I sleep) I have only managed to kill about half of the battery on this monster of a charger.

So to say I'm pleased is an understatement in this case.  Having smaller batteries can be okay but this may be the one to remain in my carryall daily bag along with my gaming controller and other random daily bits because even though this thing does take some time to recharge (and I just put it on a spare charger I have to recharge it overnight) it lasts me days and that's something I like.   So if that seems like something you need I'd definitely look into this haus...you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment